Monday, July 22, 2013

Ol fashioned Washboard.....

Okay, I am constantly in Goodwill scouting for an awesome deal and I have found a bunch. My project was this old washboard. I unfortunately did not get a before shot as I moved my craft room and could not find my camera. It was just brown and one side at the top had the original advertising and the other someone had painted a scene of an old mill.....so I used gesso over all the wood and painting. I then painted it warm white with mint julep on top and did some distressing/sanding and embellished it....voila


This will look beautiful in my laundry room!
Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece to decorate your laundry room! I haven't even seen one of these, ever. You're so creative! I love that :)

    Tanja (tanchyka from swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterflies on this. My grandparents bought the place next door, and when they did, we encountered all kinds of things, like the washboard. Many things were cast iron, and so my grandmother spruced them up and hung them all over. I love seeing what people do with repurposed items.

    Stephanie - Follow me #14

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did withe the washboard. Do you always go decorating old items? Do you have an album? :D

    greenafy on SB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do a lot of older items and I keep photos on my computer and occasionally post them here or on my YouTube channel. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete